Home > Gay Forums > Family > Engaged to a 38yr old Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Engaged to a 38yr old
Author
Posted on Wed, Apr 19, 2006 23:12

How do i break the ball to my parents that im engaged. 1 they think im not gay but been for 7 yrs now, 2 they r strong christians and 3 im bord at 0212am thursday morning. and i dont have a pic yet.

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Posted on Thu, Apr 24, 2008 11:13

Hey firefighter4u, been there done that not as simple as it seems but you can go ahead get married then ruin more lives after divorcing then bend to more peer pressure and get married again then get divorced for the second time maybe even file bankruptcy then come out of the closet and tell your family then realize they will still love you unconditionally and they will say they knew anyway and you'll be as close as you have ever been with your family except you will have two ex wives that are remarried and still love you for who you are and you will wonder why the hell you didn't come out sooner and instead of looking at the poster of the Z28 camaro convertible you'd be driving it! lol
Good luck and God bless with YOUR decission I'm very masculine, beard and all lol, but your true loved ones, even if in denial, seem to always have known you were gay anyway.
I didn't mention having kids during the marriages....but that happens too and they , at a 99% rate, will still love the parent that comes out. Hell only 95% of the straight families keep the love of their children after a divorce lol
Don in Evansville, Indiana

Posted on Thu, Dec 21, 2006 06:43

Be honest if you have a strong tie with your family then you will have no problems telling them. Families stick together, They may not accept your Gay at first but in time they will.

Its so good to be out.

You want to talk we can and become friends, Congrats!!! On the Engagement.

Copyright © 2001 — 2014 GKiss.com. All rights reserved.

GKiss does not conduct background checks on the members of this website.