Home > Gay Forums > Friendship > Being Positive Everyday........ Previous topic Next topic
Jump to:
Being Positive Everyday........
Author
Posted on Mon, Dec 13, 2004 19:17

We all get up in the morning after we have hit our snooze button two or three times...it's usually dark outside...(before 7AM) and we lay in our beds thinking what kind of a day we have ahead. Sometimes we jump right up and whistle a tune....or rub our eyes and stretch our arms, some may jump in the shower (some the night before) and think about the busy schedule we have today. I shave and get dressed, drink about 3 cups of coffee, try to eat some cereal if I can swallow it...or a glass of juice. My stomach seems to be making noises...I run to the bathroom hoping things will improve, but they don't...I brush my teeth and check out my hair. I take one final look at myself in a full length mirror and throw a kiss to myself...and say have a great day, I Love You. LOL< LOL....seriously though...I do look in the mirror one more time! I think I have gone off track here...I want to talk about being positive and having frienships around me...in the workplace and in my private life. Who out there in this world of ours don't have friends? What is a friend? Is friendship a real thing? Is it a real feeling of being wanted as someone to talk to and be with for entertainment and pleasure? Friendship to me means...having someone (male or female) that is always there...I mean I can go to this guy or gal and talk to them openly and honestly about my life. We talk about my feelings and thoughts, my moods, my loves and my hobbies. We do things together and have laughs and we even cry together...this is my friendship...a friendship of love, kindness and thoughtfulness. Yes, I get lonely...lonely for companionship, closeness and intimacy...but I know I have friends I can seek out and feel comfortable around. I think we all feel lonely at times and feel like we are so alone...but look around, we make what we feel. I work in customer service daily, I meet wonderful men and women..you can tell they are lonely...just by their expressions and moods. I am not a bad looking dude....I am 50, but the guys still look at me and so do the women...yes, I have been asked out many times in my lifetime....and I have taken up some of the offers...but friendships are not made from one night standers...are they? So c'mon guys...talk to me and tell me your feelings about friendship and what it means to you. It's not the age of a person...that really counts..it's what shows on the outside..no not the labels, clothes or makeup...it's a smile, a laugh and a thank you from the lips of beautiful people who are humans. Friendships are important to me...not just for intimacy...but for eternal love and being. Thanks for reading this...if it makes sense please let me know....have a great life...and start talking MEN.
Dean

Reply / add comments      Quote      Report abuse   Bookmark and Share
Posted on Thu, Dec 21, 2006 06:46

Thats so dreamy, kind and warm.
Not many out there that thnk gay is cool. But people like us that are, are no different that hetersexuals.

We are the same want the same in life.

Wanna chat add me...

Posted on Sun, Oct 16, 2005 15:28

Dean, you really have the start of a great topic here, cant wait to see what the response brings. Good luck bud.
My two cents:
I totally believe that human existence is based on interpersonal love between equals ?aka real friendships.? Fact is, no one can survive w/o the emotional / physical (not necessarily sex) connection that happens between people who share the intimacies of their personal lives with each other w/o social boundaries.
Dean, you really have the start of a great topic here, cant wait to see what the response brings. Good luck bud.
My two cents:
I totally believe that human existence is based on interpersonal love between equals ?aka real friendships.? Fact is, no one can survive w/o the emotional / physical (not necessarily sex) connection that happens between people who share the intimacies of their personal lives with each other w/o social boundaries.

Copyright © 2001 — 2014 GKiss.com. All rights reserved.

GKiss is owned and operated by SuccessfulMatch.com. GKiss does not conduct background checks on the members of this website.